Voter Registration

American Flag

Who Can Register

Any Sandown resident 18 years or older and a United States Citizen may register at the Town Clerk’s Office. In addition, the Supervisors of the Checklist have a session ten days prior to each election that you may register at. Also, you may register at the polls on Election Day.

What You Need to Register

In addition to filling out the Voter Registration form you will be asked to provide:

  • Proof of Age – A New Hampshire Driver’s license OR a government issued photo id
  • Proof of Citizenship – Birth Certificate OR a US Passport (if you do not have a Birth Certificate or Passport available you will be asked to sign a citizen affidavit)
  • Proof of Domicile – Car registration, utility bill, lease or rental agreement showing your Sandown legal address (not a P O Box)
  • Naturalized Citizens – You MUST provide your naturalization documents with the date and name of the court where you were naturalized or a valid passport.

Please note that you must be a US Citizen and a registered voter to participate in local elections.