Sandown Senior Affairs Transportation Program (SSATP) was created by a group of volunteers available for Sandown residents in need of transportation. They provide rides to residents age 55 years and older or disabled residents who otherwise would be unable to get to their necessary appointments. They provide rides to and from doctor and dentist appointments, medical treatments, trips to the pharmacy, library, nursing homes, grocery shopping and food pantry. We help our community members maintain their independence by providing these rides free of charge.
For more information call the Sandown Police Department at 603-887-0216 and you will be put in contact with an SSATP Volunteer.
Community Caregivers assist those that are frail, elderly, temporarily or permanently disabled and those individuals recuperating from or dealing with chronic illness. Caregivers covers the towns of Derry, Londonderry, Windham, Sandown, Chester and Hampstead. There is no charge for services. Services include help with errands, visitations, chores, limited respite care, transportation, referrals, and a Loaner’s Closet for durable medical equipment.
58 East Broadway, Derry, NH 03038
Providing transportation services to seniors 60+ and disabled residents of Rockingham & Strafford (parts) Counties. Transportation Services are offered Monday–Friday from 8:00 am–4:00 pm. To arrange for transportation, please call the Transportation Office (603) 659-2424.
Well Sense Health Plan, a New Hampshire Medicaid Plan offers many ways to help you and your family get and stay healthy and safe:
- Access to a great choice of quality hospitals, primary care physicians, behavioral health providers (mental health and substance abuse), specialists and pharmacies
- Free extra benefits such as child car and booster seats, dental kits, bike helmets for kids, and breast pumps for nursing moms
- Free access to 24-hour Nurse Advise Line
- Free transportation to scheduled medical appointments
- Free routine eye exams every 12 months
- Money back for participating Weigh Watchers® and qualifying health club membership
For more information call toll-free 1-877-957-1300 (M-W: 8AM-8PM, Th-F: 8AM-6PM) or visit here. To find out if you're eligible for Medicaid or to learn how to apply, visit the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services here or call 1-800-852-3345 ext. 4344.